Sunday, August 05, 2007

WHEN MOMMY HANDS YOU LEMONS...



There are just a few things that can bring Papaw K. to tears, and one of them is watching his youngest grandbaby eat lemons. It never gets tiring to see that cute little cherub face scrunch up into a squinty pucker, apparently. But today, the baby got smart. Nanny handed him a lemon and he excitedly grabbed it and just cut out the middle man altogether and started puckering without ever having to eat the fruit...When offered a bite, he gave a definite shake of the head, seeming to say, "I'll perform for you like a circus monkey and make the funny face, but you aren't gonna make me eat that sour stuff!"
In other news...Bryan and I were amazed when our little guy started counting the other night. First, he just repeated saying the numbers after us, but then proceeded to count to six without any prompts at all. "UHN...TYU... FEE...PO... PIE... DICK" Gosh, I hope that's an indication that he'll be good at math someday. Even if it isn't, just try to tell me that's not cute! But you'll have to take our word for it, because that's one trick he probably won't do for the general public. He's just now cooperating with showing people he knows his animal noises and body parts when we ask him to. Baby tricks are fun!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ppaw' wipin' his eyes!

Anonymous said...

i don't think our 1st one took. but papaw's wipin' his eyes right now!
nanny

Reid said...

both your comments came through--notice I have "comment moderation" on, so when you post a comment it won't happen right away, I have to approve it first. That's so no nasty spammers can just start posting garbage on here without my permission.

Isn't our little lemon head cute?

Mich said...

Isn't it amazing what they expect us to do? Good call on skipping the actual lemon-sucking :-) It looks like you had a fun vacation too!! MAM

Tanya said...

Super Cute!! My daughter did the same, but with Olives!! Baby tricks sure are fun!
Just stopping by to say thanks for the comment on my blog! I do read "Everyday Miracles" on a regular basis, I love Sherrie's writing, especially their adoption story. Thanks again! I will be back.
Tanya

Anonymous said...

Oooh - what a cutie patootie!!!!!