Wednesday, August 22, 2007

CAUGHT RED HANDED...
It all started innocently enough. Mommy asked Daddy to bake a few cookies since he was already eating the dough right out of the bowl. So he kindly popped a dozen in to bake and got them out when the oven beeped. Please don't panic. The cookies were out on the counter with plenty of time to cool (thank Goodness!) before we dug into them. Mommy offered me a few bites of a cookie, and that was okay, I guess, but I got kind of mad because I wanted a WHOLE cookie. I AM a big boy, you know, with big appetites and lots of energy to burn. Is a whole cookie really too much to ask for?? Really?

So, when Mom and Dad got interested in something else, I took my fate into my own hands, and went for it. See, I've been practicing a new tippy-toe maneuver that stretches me waaay up high and I can reach things you'd never dream of. Such as said cookie sheet up on the counter. By the time Mommy heard something going on in there, all the cookies had already fallen to the floor, but I was still holding the cookie sheet up over my head, planning my next move. When she came to help me out, that's when I dropped the cookie sheet on her foot, diverting her attention from me grabbing from the floor the most beautiful, delicious chocolate chip cookie I've ever seen in my life. A whole one (some of the other ones broke...). And as you can see from the pictures below, my plan paid off.


And to Aunt Kari, I have a few things to say to you. First THANK YOU for mopping the kitchen floor, so that when I ate my cookie, it wasn't covered in cat fur or cobwebs or who knows what else that I might have dropped on the floor before. Second, I'M SORRY that I got a bunch of chocolatey goodness from my hands and face on the newly cleaned carpet and couch in the living room. It did come off with a wet paper towel. Even if it hadn't come up, the cookie would have been really, really worth it.

Love, Reid

5 comments:

Going Back to Square One said...

Reid is hilarious. My dad started the "whole cookie" war this past weekend...lemme tell ya, Papaw's in deep doo-doo.

Love the lemons!

Anonymous said...

Looks like someone was caught REID-handed!!! Sweet!

Jennifer said...

That is the sweetest face I have ever seen!!!!

Mich said...

Way to go Reid!! (by the way, I'm looking at your picture saying REID! REID! REID!) I like to take matters into my own hands as well whenever possible!!! MAM

Anonymous said...

Reid,you are the cutest and smartest little boy your age!
Chocolate faces are the best ever.
nanny