Thursday, October 12, 2006

HAPPY 7th MONTH BIRTHDAY, BABY ROO!! (A Mommy Hijacks her Baby's Blog)

Hi Friends and Family! Today I thought I'd take over a give the baby a break. There's so many of you I haven't talked to in awhile. We're all doing fine and me and Bryan are loving being parents. Days are busy, and there is definitely not enough time to spend all together, but we do as much as we can in the mornings, the evenings and weekends. Our home has become a display area for all the contraptions (Jumparoo, high chair, exersaucer, to name a few), toys and books we use every day, and when I say "display area," I really mean disaster area. Boy, are our lives different now than seven months ago--but way more fun!

Last week Bryan got an opportunity to really do some Daddy/Baby bonding for a few days. I was in St. Louis Thursday through Saturday, so he was on his own in Babyland for the first long period of time. He did such a good job following the routine, adding a few of his own, and making sure our Woobie got fed, clean, changed and put to bed each night without a problem. Bryan's so good about playing with him and teaching him things--I see the possibility that Reid'll be an athlete and a scholar by the time he's three.

(My cousin Rick Bland who lives in Atlanta, called while I was updating the blog just now--he say's "hi" to everyone in Evansville. Baby number two for Ricky is due in about two months :) It's good to have family that keeps connections going, dontcha think?)

Reid's two little bottom teeth continue to grow. The one on the left is popped through a little bit and the other rests just under the surface. He really hasn't complained much about pain, but we keep the teething tablets and orajel on hand just in case. As soon as he agrees to open his little mouth, I'll try to get a picture of them.

We had another success this week--baby is consenting to eat sweet peas! At least there's one green food he'll tolerate to offset all those yellow and orange ones he loves so much.

Little Roo's new sound of the month: Rooaaaaaaahhhhh! (a grunty, growly roar, deep in his throat.) We think he might be part bear.

New word of the week: DADAdadaDADadadaDa Da dee!! (what am I, chopped liver??)

Love and hope to see you all soon,
Emily